libraries

>But that is exactly the thing that I *hate*. I don't want to clutter all
>my header files and include directories with nested includes and tons
>of defines.
>
>Again: I am speaking of a new set of header files. I don't say that the
>old header files have to be removed.

The GCC header files are already pretty "cluttered" in this way, and I
consider it a pretty good thing.  I agree with the others that things
should be as user-transparent as possible (e.g. creating a whole new
set of headers is bad, making the current set work in any environment
is good.)

I don't see what's so bad about having compatibility files like a
tos.h that just includes osbind.h.  So you might have to wait an extra
half a second, but if you're in that much of a rush you should
probably be using a different computer :-)

I'm all for cleaning up the ANSI namespace in the current headers, and
making those the "standard", with a compatibility header you can
include to get all the old names by #defines (preferably NOT by having
duplicate files with different names for the same things, as then
there will be two places to maintain the same stuff.)

Cheers,
entropy