Re: Minixfs protection

Stephen Henson wrote:

>[...]
>         So the question is this: is there any 'official' way to do this? I
> can think of all manner of possibilities e.g. setting up the boot sector so
> the root dir is outside the partition boundary but that may cause problems of
> its own.
>
> Steve.

The `correct' solution is of course to have a special partition type for
which the harddisk driver returns NULL on Getbpb(). This way GEMDOS never
will try to access it (this is why we did the extensions in XHDI 1.10).

Regards, Julian

Julian F. Reschke, Hensenstr. 142, D-48161 Muenster
 eMail: julian@math.uni-muenster.de, jr@ms.maus.de