Max. length of path and file name

Hi,

at the moment the path and file name maximum is 128 characters. This should
change in the future. I know someone who is writing a nfs for MiNT. The
nfs standard says that the path can have upto 1024 chars and the file name
upto 256 chars. This can be done by just changing the defines. My problem
is now: how can a program get the bigest path and file name in the whole
system? One solution would be to check on "u:" every directory for the
path and file name size. This works so long as file systems can be mounted
on "u:". But what will be if file systems can be mounted everywhere like
on a sun?

Marcus
* Marcus Haebler     * haebler@obelix.uni-muenster.de                *
* Althausweg 29      *          or                                   *
*                    * srb114@math.uni-muenster.de                   *
*                    * IRC: D_Gently                                 *