Re: Socket Library?

Hi!

> Has anybody done any work on a BSD socket library for MiNT?  I would like
> to write a TCP driver for MiNT (on the Mac) and I was wondering if there
> was some established protocol that such a driver should follow.

A few people here in Germany, including me :-), plan to write a TCP/IP
module for MiNT. We didn't write any code by now, are still in planning
state, but if you want to join us, I could add you to our small German
mailing list mint-ip@fiction.ms.sub.org.

Since I've a strong need for a portable IP layer for my machine here
(I'll have leased line IP connectivity @ home at the end of this year),
I'll certainly start writing a TCP/IP packet machine in about two or
three weeks. If you want more information about the project, just send
mail to me or join the mint-ip list. Okay?

At the moment, the discussion is in German, but if it is of general
interest, we could work something out to solve the language problem...

Bye for now,
Daniel

--
Daniel Roedding        danny@fiction.ms.sub.org, q92269@pbhrzx.uni-paderborn.de