Re: MiNT 1.09: some protection for biosfs

Andreas Schwab,

> Most of the function of biosfs that change it should only be allowed
> by root, IMHO.  This patch adds checks to bios_remove, bios_rename,
> bios_fscntl and bios_symlink. Additionally i have added a check for
> existence of the new name in bios_rename.

  These will hopefully be superseeded by the more general ideas I'm trying
to implement the last days.

  Since response was quite poor, I think I'm going to implement the
datime method plus _removing_ the possibility to access the bios_file
through (f->fc.index) for security reasons. The biosfs itself doesn't
use it as such and it was never documented anyway so what should speak
against it?

  Device drivers which are responsible for more than one entry can still
find out the correct one by using the (f->fc.aux) field.

TeSche
--
PS: If the above written looks weird, than that's because it probably IS.
WhoDunnIt: Torsten Scherer (Schiller, TeSche...)