Path length in GEM file selector

>From: moacs11!walra@relay.NL.net (Waldi Ravens)
>In <9401201204.AA13974@urix6.uni-muenster.de>, Marcus Haebler wrote:
>> there is a little problem with the path length in GEM programs if
>> you use the normal length of 128 Bytes, this is quite small for
>> Minix FSs etc. Should we set path length to 1024 like BSD does?
>Since P1003.1 does not define a maximum length for a path, no application
>should assume that there is one. You'll have to use something more
>flexible than a compile time constant.

Unfortunately P1003.1 *does* specify a minimum acceptable value of 255
for the path length.  MiNT obviously doesn't meet this requirement.

Can this value be changed in MiNT without patching GEMDOS?

-entropy

Personal mail:      entropy@gnu.ai.mit.edu
MiNT library mail:  entropy@terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu
"what do you have against octal?" -jrb