Re: [MINTOS] fs tree structure (was: Re: MiNT goes UNiX, ... )

Steve writes:

> The reason I was separating "POSIXish", "BSDish" and "SysVish" was so that
> users could tailor thier environment merely by changing their path ordering.

I'd like to propose not to go into too much detail in defining a "standard"
for the file system layout.  Different distributions will handle things
differently, so I don't see much sense in discussing at this time where
particular binaries of particular flavours of Unix should live, especially
since most programs are independent of their physical location.

Identifying the standard locations of config files and single user
executables and a basic layout for /var should suffice at this point, as
these are most closely related to the function of a Unix-like system.

Michael
--
Internet: hohmuth@freia.inf.tu-dresden.de