Reminder - U:!

I think some of the "Don't make my ST a Unix box" people have missed
one VERY important thing.

Actually, 2.  The first is that you only have to mess with a Unix path
structure on drive U:.  You never have to see a Unix like system on
any other drive as these guys aren't going to be the one to use a
filesystem that mounts onto U: without creating a drive, anyway.  No
MINIX file system is really required since the MiNTLIB can call Dpathconf
to find any name conflicts and resolve them with unix2dos.  Drive U:
is not just Unified, its the "Unix" file system eh?

Second, the whoe point is for people that WANT to run Unix like programs.
If you don't touch a Unix shell or run Unix programs then don't worry about
it.  You don't have to ever see a Unix-like system on ANY drive.

Originally, I was the "Don't make my ST a Unix box" person, simply because
I HATE command line interfaces and Unix really sucks when it comes to
user-friendliness.  Someone showed me an AWK script once (and people think
C is bad.. HA!)  Anyway, as time goes by my own system is looking more and
more like a Unix system anyway, and I find myself staring blankly at the screen
trying to figure out what do when I boot without MiNT.  Everything I
normally work with has been moved to the Minix drive!!

I don't really think the project of standardizing the ports of Unix->MiNT
really needs a name.  We have many different operating systems now, and to
make a name for the project would just add to the confusion IMHO.

CYA
Evan Langlois