funny behavior on modem 2.

Hello!,

I have been applying just about all the patches that have come accross
the list from Andeas, Juergen, and entropy, but I have the following problem:
with the raw mint 1.10 sources, connect(2.2) would not even start and died
with a bus error, after the initial set of patches (i am sorry but my real
job has been so busy I have not tracked applying patches like I should have)
that were bug fixes + optimizations, connect 2.0 would run but for some
reason I had to tell connect to send a break then hang up before I could
talk with the modem, once I was talking with it communication went okay, but
rz/sz would constantly fail with timeouts, after the latest round of patches
conect still runs but I get garbage in garbage out of the serial port. Needless
to say I am using 1.09 until the serial port problem get corrected.

Does anyone not a speedup under 1.10, the system seems quite a bit faster?
seems odd to me. I am using a TT +4MBST + 16MBTT and a Nova graphics card.

cheers,
scott.