Re: user-written interrupt handlers

Juergen Lock writes:

> > It's too bad there weren't a couple more DMA channels in the regular ST;
> > like one for the 68901 USART. Running that chip in sync mode would let you
> > do some really mean high-speed internetworking...
>
> btw anyone using the TT's SCC DMA yet? its too bad mega STe don't have it :)
> (and have all this SCC problems too.)

 Regarding that it has a 3 byte fifo one should think it would be worth a
closer look at, so to say: Well I've missed one interrupt... hmmm... never
mind, next time, I'll fetch two chars. You could start calculating a
probability for missing three interrupts after another...

 But then: What's about the MSTE problems with it? Have heard about them,
but nothing concrete. And what about the falcon? Have only heard it doesn't
use a MFP for serial communication. Don't know what it uses.

 Looks like there'll never be a kernel with new device drivers, because
you would have to write three of them for all existing hardware... :-(

ciao,
TeSche
--
Torsten Scherer (Schiller, TeSche...), University of Bielefeld, Germany
use any of "finger itschere@129.70.131.2-15" for e/p-mail adresses and so...