TT-Serial lines

While playing around with modm0dev I noticed that it is impossible to redirect
Bios-devices 6-9 on a TT. It is just possible to redirect BIOS device 1, but
that is useless as most terminal-programs use Bios-device 6 instead of 1 on a
TT. So how should a redirection of these devices be implemented? Do we need new
standard GEMDOS handles -6, -7,...?
If so there must be significant changes in the MiNT sources as Bios device 1
really should be an alias for the other ones...

Finally I gave up and patched getty to `implement' dial-in and dial-out devices
using a semaphore. Is anyone interested in these patches? They also include
the possibillity to configure the modem via entries in /etc/gettytab and
support automatically detection of incoming FAX and data-connections (currently
for Junior/Tele-Office, but it should be easy to use any FAX-Software if the
software has got a tos-program to receive FAXes.

Bjarne