Re: GCC 2.5.8

What you wrote:
> jwahar r. bammi writes:
>>> Has anyone found any problems with GCC 2.5.8?  Does it produce 68K (ie non-
>>> 030 executables)?  Will it accept long filenames?  <<the version on a.a.u.e
>>> seems to be for TOS, not MiNT>>  Does it have Objective C support?
>>
>> 	no (major) problems reported in gcc 2.5.8. it does produce
>> pure 68000 code, it always did! (yes there was a small bug in a very
>> specialized case in 2.5.7 thats fixed).
>
>  specialized enough that it crashed every g++ run for example... (sorry ;)

:-)

>> 	long filenames: yes it does. in the TOS version set UNIXMODE
>> as appro.
>
>  i.e. UNIXMODE=/cu  (right?)

This has a nasty side effect...  the GNU make I've got can't find gcc
when I set my UNIXMODE to _anything_.  I guess it's looking for gcc with
an execute bit, instead of gcc.ttp (since my GNUstuff all lives on a
TOS partition, mostly due to the fact that G++ and 4M of RAM don't mix
very well...).

Does the non-MiNT gmake on atari.archive work well with MiNT and TOS?
I'd prefer not to have UNIXMODE set under MiNT, but to still be able
to use long mixed-case filenames on my minix partitions.

--
Chris Herborth                    \`o.0'       herborth@53iss6.Waterloo.NCR.COM