Re: No more TOS

> (has anyone thought
> about floppy?  That isn't SCSI and MiNT doesn't seem to always realize
> a disk change as much as TOS, as long as we rewrite everything else, you
> might as well rewrite the Floppy drivers too - some code to have the step
> rate changed automatically for 1.44MB and 720K disks would be nice as
> the stupid AJAX doesn't do this change (although new TOSs might).

TOS 2.06 fixes that. I'm not convinced it would be worth the
trouble writing a special floppy driver. Nowadays, I use my
floppy drive mainly for program installation, not for productive
work with the computer. Not that I wouldn't like background
floppy transfers, but let's focus on hard disks first which are
most people's main storage medium, especially for people who use
MiNT, MultiTOS and *NIX-like setups.

Claus Brod, MDD, HP Boeblingen         Have you hugged your manager today?