Re: Patch for seteuid/setegid

 Huhu Ulrich!

> Here is a patch that implements Pseteuid()/Psetegid(), which are needed
> for an nfs daemon to do access checking (and probably for a lot of other
> things). So I would like this patch making its way into the next release
> of mint.

 If one also implements the saved-set-user id, even your patch will have to
be patched again. I hate these nested patches. If you miss only one, you're
in deep trouble. Looks like I'll better wait for the next version of MiNT
and rewrite these parts. That'll probably give me enough time to read some
things about what each id really is meant to be good for. I've got some nice
SUN-OS manpages here... :-)

> p.s.: Thorsten, sorry, but I think You have to choose some other function
>       numbers for Your patch :)

 I'll see how I can live with that! ;-)

 How about 0x145 - 0x148? And what about 0x140 and 0x141? They're missing in
what your patch is relative to.

 It's really time for a new synchronization...

ciao,
TeSche
--
Torsten Scherer (Schiller, TeSche...)
Faculty of Technology, University of Bielefeld, Germany, Europe, Earth...