Re: Rwabs -36 problems

Hello,

Kay writes:

|>Another temporary solution is to comment out the line
|>
|>if (Addroottimeout) Addroottimeout (...)
|>
|>so that Minixfs used the old update daemon method for
|>updating the harddisk. because the update daemon has
|>euid 0 there are no problems with access restrictions.
|>
|>But this should be no long term solution for obvious
|>reasons...

Why not? I still think that an update daemon which does ALL updates in
the system is the best solution. It could call all filesystems on u:\
with a special fcntl opcode which then does the update. Eric, why dont
you reserve such an opcode and spawn a process at start up time of mint
much like it is done in the minixfs? The each filesystem has to decide
whether it needs syncing or not. Or even better: have a system call
Sync, which does this, as it can access more information about the
file systems and bios devices, which also might want to sync something.

Regards,
Ulrich