SCSI Driver

Everyone was talking about a SCSI driver for a long time, and then suddenly,
it was forgotten.  In anyone working on such a driver?  XDD file??

Does anyone have docs on the Xformer cable interface?  I'd like to see
how hard it would be to do an 8-bit XFS driver.  I could have an 8-bit
file system with folders like "D1" and "D2" and "P", especially P, since
I'd like to set PRN= to U:\8-bit\printer or something like that and
access my old super-quiet color printer.