tty's & pty's

I was wondering if someone has already ported a pseudo terminal device driver
like the BSD one to mint.
I know of the virtual terminal program by Juergen Lock, but this one does
not (at least, I think) behave like the BSD-ish one.

The point is that I am trying to port the program "screen 3.5.2" to mint.
I run this program on all terminals connected to a sun, and I really like it.
The point is, that screen expects pseudo terminals, and as far as I know,
mint does not have them.

I have some code of FreeBSD which implements this, but it needs adaptions
to run under Mint. So if someone has done this, please let me know.

Thx,

Richard.