Re: More Problems (fwd)

> Also, I think the Mintlib's system() call is screwed up.  My entire
> system locks up when I execute it, and I've used gdb to make sure that
> it was system (the command line passed seems to run but then the whole
> system crashes).  System() gets to _realloc() according to gdb.

 Btw, why does the Mintlib scans the arguent of system itself and doesn't
let a shell do the job? Is this a relict of the days when there weren't any
shells around which could do I/O redirection? if you would really start up
a shell with something like:

system(char *cmd)
{
	execl("bin/sh", "sh", "-c", cmd, NULL);
}

 things would be easier any more features would be available.

ciao,
TeSche
--
Torsten Scherer (Schiller, TeSche...)
Faculty of Technology, University of Bielefeld, Germany, Europe, Earth...