Loosing memory

Hi,

since I've installed MiNT 1.10, patched with Michaels "Big Patch" No.2, and
all the net stuff, I have trouble with memory that gets lost.

After booting the machine with MTOS, I have 1.8 MB of free TT RAM.
If I try to compile something, make stops after the first source file,
telling me something about "virtual memory exhausted" and there are only
800 KB of free RAM left then.
What happened to the Megabyte?
I play around with gopher, rlogin or talk and very quickly no memory
is left. I can exit ALL programs without getting my memory back :-(

Has it something to do with the "shared memory" patches?
Could it help to apply Michaels third "big patch collection"?

Benni
--
Benjamin Lorenz, Brunnenweg 33, D-66133 Saarbruecken
Phone: +49 681 815702, E-mail: lorenz@dfki.uni-sb.de