Re: bug in mintlib44's access() function

 N'abend...

> >  So where's the point of this function?
>
> The point of access() is precisely for set-[ug]id programs: normally
> when you want to know if something is allowed, you just try it. But with
> a set-uid root program, everything will succeed. So in that case you can
> use access() to check if the real user should be allowed to do things.

 So it isn't good for what I wanted it to be good for. Well, I don't mind,
I won't use it, then. Didn't I say somewhere on this list some days ago that
sometimes I just take things as *I* want them to be, due to my limited
knowledge about other systems? Looks like history has got me again... ;-)

ciao,
TeSche
--
Torsten Scherer (Schiller, TeSche...)
Faculty of Technology, University of Bielefeld, Germany, Europe, Earth...