MinixFS only crashes with 030 and UK MultiTOS?

sjg@phlem.ph.kcl.ac.uk wrote:
> Well it certainly crashes my Falcon :-(
>
> Running MultiTOS or MiNT/GEM/TOSwin causes the AES to crash after (eg:) 3 mins
> or less :-(((
>
> I'm reduced to using a single console at the moment, if I run MiNT. I could do
> better on my STe !!

I have exactly the same symptoms on my TT.  No problems running only a shell,
but crashes under MultiTOS.

The only people I have seen say they have problems are people in the UK.
People from other countries seem to have no problems.  Assuming that
people are running machines with 'native' versions of ROMS/software and
that we're all running the same (more or less) versions of MiNT, I wonder
if the problem is related to either the UK ROM AES or the UK MultiTOS AES.
I don't know if MinixFS crashes under the ROM AES on my machine, but as
the MultiTOS AES replaces the ROM version, I would put my bets on MultiTOS
being the culprit.

What's the legality of swapping copies of the gem.sys file between the UK
and other countries?  Does anyone else think this may be relevant or am I
barking up completely the wrong tree?

--     Julian Coleman, Computing Service,     | j.d.coleman@newcastle.ac.uk
--  Claremont Tower, University of Newcastle, | as967@cleveland.freenet.edu
--   Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU, England.   | - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-- Phone +44-91-222-8068  Fax +44-91-222-8765 | Be wery, wery careful Wabbit