Re: Diffs

> My changes are relative to Mint 1.10 h5 (with some other patches that
> didn't make it until h6).  Now h7 is out.  How do I apply the patches
> for h7 AND my own??  What diff command will create the proper diffs?
> Do I use diff3?  And if so, how?   I've gotten out of sync and I need
> help.

Make diffs relative to a virgin h5, then try to apply them to h7. That's
the whole point of patch/diff :-)

> Oh, I don't think the hacks that make VDI and AES allocates memory
> M_KEEP are useful.  Under normal TOS, wouldn't this memory be attached
> to the process and free'd on exit??  I get no memory leaks at all
> changing the last of these so that memory allocation from the ROMs is
> no longer kept.  I'm not sure if this breaks memory protection, but
> before I would lose a small amount of memory when some GEM programs
> quit, so perhaps maybe VDI and AES memory SHOULD be free'd on process
> exit ??

One reason why memory alloced from the VDI is marked M_KEEP is that
VDI uses a linked list for virtual workstations, and if a program
crashes or if the programmer forgot to call v_clsvwek, you have a hole
in the list...

Julian F. Reschke, Hensenstr. 142, D-48161 Muenster
 eMail: reschke@math.uni-muenster.de jr@ms.maus.de