Minix Problems

It seems that Minix can't sync() properly sometimes.  I think it may have
something to do with programs that eat CPU time polling, preventing Minix
from getting an update.   Then again, It may have nothing to do with it.
Basically, addroottimeout still seems to be buggy.  I'm NOT running the
net pacthes, but I still get problems.

Basically, I was gonna fix the cookie-jar routines that i was working on
when I last got a Minix crash, and it happened again (I did not run the
thing, and compiling code can't break anything, only running it can).
It could be that I am using GCC 2.4.5 .. I think that is the same compiler
I was using before.  In any case, my Minix partition is permanently broke
it would seem.

I keep getting Zone Range Errors, Zone 0 has Count 1 or something, and fsck
can't fix it (doesn't know anything was wrong).  It seems like everything
runs great until I actually want to get soemthing done, then it all breaks.
Like Zmodem, I hardly ever need to use SZ, and SZ and RZ both SEEMED to work.
But SZ needs flow control or something because after the first 8K it
stopps and the reciever starts sending all sorts of stuff back at me, but
SZ doesn't stop sending :-(

As always, I'm back to a non-working back-up of my cookie-jar code and
some notes.  I wanted to finish it tonight.    Now, I managed to do nothing
but thrash my filesystem a bit.

I can't get "init" to compile either.   It redefined fd_set and has lots
of integer/pointer comparison warnings  - what's the filename of the newest
version on a.a.u.e?

Again, many thanks, I'm beginning to think I better get out of this list
before I waste too much time.