dialin and dialout devices

Hello Franck,

> BTW: There is no need for a dialin and a dialout device. If you use
> mgetty, all the stuff is running on the same device and is handled via
> UUCP lockfiles. All the other braindead ATS0=1 solutions are obsolete.

What is braindead and obsolete about this approach?  With mgetty, you're
only putting into user space things which are best handled by the
kernel, especially locking.

With the two-devices approach, I could use the standard tools init/getty
from S. Usher without any change. Also remember that these two devices
really have different semantics -- have you looked at the source? In fact, I
would be rather inclined to consider mgetty as being a kludge...

Thierry.