Re: 2 new calls

To: mint@atari.archive.umich.edu

Schwab@issan.Informatik.U,
  In a message on 9 November, to Reschke@goedel.Uni-Muenst, wrote :

sc> Julian Reschke <reschke@GOEDEL.UNI-MUENSTER.DE> writes:
sc>
sc> |> Hi,
sc> |> I'm currently adding the system calls Dreadlabel and Dwritelabel (they
sc> |> what the readlabel and writelabel filesystem calls do); I use the opco
sc> |> 0x152 and 0x153. Please don't use those for other things.
sc>
sc> Are these really needed??  We already have Fsfirst("*.*", 8) and
sc> Fcreate ("label", 8).  The volume label is really only supported by
sc> tosfs anyway, and IMHO it is obsolete.

Nah, atleast I support it in isofs. Maybe others do as well. Wasn't there
someone working on a HPFS at one time ?

Erling
---
 þ ATP/Unix 1.42 þ This was brought to you by erlingh@pvv.unit.no