Compiling MiNT with gcc 2.5.8

Hello everybody!

There has been the problem of a hanging AES 4.1, when mint was compiled
with gcc 2.5.8, but not when it was made with 2.3.3.

Now I found out, which file is causing the problems: it is proc.c
If everything is made with gcc 2.5.8, except proc.c is done with 2.3.3,
the AES still works the normal way.... but beware of a full 2.5.8
version!

Ok, I should describe this hanging problem a bit more: I am running
Gemini 1.999 as desktop, also a toswin, run from gemini. Then I
start the viewer, and after some intensive clicking on the down arrow,
this thing keeps staying down. So the system is locked, then I press
cntl-w to close the viewer window and press alt-m to bring the console
window of gemini to the front. And during this action, the hang occurs,
the menu title stays inverted, and the screen is still locked.
With the 2.3.3 version, the system is not locked any longer, and I can
kill the viewer process.

The big question now is: WHY????

Regards,
Ulrich

--
| Ulrich Kuehn  | Internet:                  | Life is uncertain --  |