Re: new MiNT system calls

>Recently, we've gotten a few (gee, almost half a dozen!) new system
>calls added to the kernel...  the readlabel calls, uptime, sync, and
>shutdown...
>
>Can someone tell me what the Suptime() call returns?  I was going to
>quickly hack up an uptime command (until a "real" one appeared), but I
>couldn't get any meaningful data out of Suptime().  Either that, or I'm
>just looking at it wrong...

You pass two pointers, one to a long and the other to an array of 3 longs
into which the data is placed, the return value just tells you if the
operation suceeded. The three longs hold the loadaverage, each being the
value * 100 (I think, best check the source for rstatd), the other value is
the number of seconds since boot.

>Has anyone got a sync and/or shutdown command hacked up?  I'd feel much
>better about shutting my system down if I could sync before I called
>/usr/etc/halt...
>
>--
>/ | \ DO THE MATH                                             Chris Herborth
>Backwards-compatibility is crippling the computer industry in the 90's.

Steve

Computer Systems Administrator, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Oxford University.
E-Mail: steve@uk.ac.ox.earth (JANET) steve@earth.ox.ac.uk (Internet).
Tel:- Oxford (0865) 282110 (UK) or +44 865 282110 (International).