Re: virtual memory, possible solution ?

In <Pine.HPP.3.91.941219143329.1737B-100000@hphalle0c.informatik.tu-muenchen.de>, you write:
>On Sun, 18 Dec 1994, Theo Janssen wrote:
>> A fews days ago i found a small lib called "VMEM" which includes
>> "virtual memory stuff" for the ST. PERHAPS ?!?! this library COULD BE
>> a temporary solution for the MiNT virtual memory Problem.
>> I didn't tried it out or inspected the sources yet, because i am very busy
>> at the moment. Maybe the "Kernel-professionals" should have a look at
>> this stuff and it's possibilities. After a short look into the manual
>> i can say the following:

[...]

>> The archive is called VMEM.(ZIP, LZH, ZOO or whatever). At the moment i
>> cannot remember where i found it, but should be available on some
>> german FTP-Servers.
>
>Perhaps it's useful for programs using VERY MUCH memory, such as graphics
>programs.

Would anyone care to re-compile gcc 2.6.1 (all the gcc-* files) with
this?  C++ code would be even more painful to compile on a 4M ST (due to
the swapping), but at least we could avoid those damn "virtual memory
exhausted" messages.

--
 |||  Jaguar 64-bit                    cherborth@semprini.waterloo-rdp.on.ca
/ | \ DO THE MATH                                             Chris Herborth
Backwards-compatibility is crippling the computer industry in the 90's.