Re: SLIP slidin' away...

In message , cherborth@semprini.waterloo-rdp.on.ca said:
  > Yesterday I was trying to SLIP to a '486 Linux box and didn't have
  > much success...

I spent a lot of today trying this as well.

My MiNT-Net setup was all the latest versions - and it seemed as good as
any of the previous ones were. I tried ping-00.tgz but when I did ping
<address> all I ever got was:

ping: unknown protocol icmp

ifconfig on the linux machine reported packets being received when I did
udpprobe on the Atari. Ifconfig on the Atari didn't report any received
packets when I did ping on the PC. Actually ping on the PC can't find
*anything* so I'm sure there is a (maybe related) problem there.

BTW I just thought I'd chuck this in as people are talking about it. I
don't think I've collected enough real eveidence to start pestering people
yet! ;-)

:-)

Roland.

@CiX