Re: Does MiNT 1.12 run with PAK 3?

Sascha Blank wrote:

> I plan to get myself a PAK 68/3 processor replacement card for my Mega
> STE (including a patched TOS 3.06) in the near future. Over the last
> days I have read some articles in the Usenet where users tell that MiNT
> 1.12 (I don't know if they refer to the "pure" 1.12 version or to
> MH-Mint 1.12h2) does not run with the PAK. They say MiNT simply crashes
> while booting and refuses to work completeley.

As far as I know, this is an interoperability problem between MiNT and
the serial drivers of the hacked TOS-3.06 on the PAK.  I heard that it
can be worked around by putting HSMODA04 (which replaces TOS' serial
drivers) before MiNT in the AUTO folder.

I don't know which one is broken: MiNT or the hacked TOS-3.06.

Hope that helps,
Michael
--
Email: hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de