Re: Backing up between MiNT partitions

In article <memo.779930@cix.compulink.co.uk> you write:
>I have 2 identical MiNT partitions on 2 different drives. I'd like to use
>one as the backup for the other.
>
>Any suggestions as to suitable MiNT (or even TOS) software to do this?

what, no answer to this one? :)

 i would just use tar. (or cpio, afio...)  you could also try cp -R if
you want to be able to run directly off the copy but that would be slower.

 TOS software could probably only do raw copies as it won't know minixfs
and raw copies are usually not a good idea because they can only be
restored onto a filesystem of the exact same size.  and you cannot
do a defragmentation by simply restoring the backup...

 all the best
	Juergen