X suggestion

As many of the X applications seem to need bigger than 640x400 screen,
I'll suggest that someone tries to implement a simple virtual screen
into X server itself (for speed). In most cases that i have come across,
increasing the vertical size would be enough.

Scrolling screen vertically is easy to implement by just changing the
screen address. As screen has to be on 256 aligned address, the screen
movement will be with the smallest common multiplier for 256 and screen
width in bytes. For ST-hirez that would be 1280 ie. 16 lines. The screen
should scroll when mouse hits the screen border.

The hard part would be to build this into X. I have no experience /
knowledge on this so I'd like your comments on the matter...

	- Eero -