Re: Help - new user!

Xav wrote:
>Also, when I log out, there seems to be no record made of it.
>Consequently doing a "who" results in listings for pseudo TTYs that
>I logged out of days ago.

There's a program called wlogin in MiNTos (or there was in the last
version _I_ looked in!) which sets things up for a window to be used as
a login shell.  You don't actually have to run it in a window, though;
it works just as well from the console.  wlogin starts up a login
process and waits for it to die rather like init does.  When you log
out though, it just updates the ?tmp files and exits.  I think this
must be what you want.

--Charles