Re: X suggestion

Andreas Schwab writes:
> Tamminen Eero <t150315@proffa.cc.tut.fi> writes:
>
> |> As many of the X applications seem to need bigger than 640x400 screen,
> |> I'll suggest that someone tries to implement a simple virtual screen
> |> into X server itself (for speed). In most cases that i have come across,
> |> increasing the vertical size would be enough.
>
> This should be done by the window manager.  Try tvtwm, for example.

 ..or if can be done in hardware (faster) it should be done by the
server.  (have you seen XF86_S3 on a 2MB PCI S3 764?  1600x1200 virtual
in 8bpp, 1024x768 @80 Hz real.  or 1152x900 virtual in 16bpp...
and the xterms are faster than the virtual consoles on MiNT. :)

 anyway wasn't there this little bigscrn.prg back in the old days?
maybe it works with MiNT X too...  if you've got the memory.

 have fun
	Juergen
--
J"urgen Lock / nox@jelal.hb.north.de / UUCP: ..!uunet!unido!uniol!jelal!nox