Re: Email with MintNet?

Hi,

> I've been playing with MintNet for a couple of weeks now, and would like
> to use it for a SLIP connection that will provide me with email and news.
> Is anyone getting email in this manner, or do most people use something
> like ka9q?

I'm using MiNT-Net for mail and news with a SLIP connection.

> I downloaded the source for sendmail, which looks pretty complex to compile
> and setup, but even if I got it compiled, I'm not sure it actually handles
> the machine-to-machine transfer itself.  If I have to find my own software,
> is sendmail plus a transfer program the best route?

I'm doing my mail with elm as reader, smail-3.1.28, with the diffs that came
on this list, as mail transport agent and taylor 1.03 for uucp. As you can see,
it is working fine.
My news-system is strn092 for reading and cnews as transporter.

cu, michi
--
* Michael Plonus                                   michi@pluto.ping.de    *
* 44143 Dortmund                       Michael_Plonus@do2.maus.ruhr.de    *