ELM

Forgive my seeming like a completely clueless newbie half the time. I'm a
victim of circumstance.

I have the mail transport system up and running (hurrah!) after a couple
of hours of mucking with the configs and setups.

So, I needed a mail-reader. What did I choose? Elm. Why not? There's a
68000 binary available for it, after all. So, Elm it was, and I popped it
merrily in.

It works like a charm, UNTIL:

If there is any mail in the mailbox, Elm dumps the session with the
following message:

Reading in /usr/spool/mail/root, message: 1
newmbox - length of mbox. != spool mailbox length!!

Write to temp file failed, exiting leaving mailbox intact!

And so we're back at the shell-prompt. :(

This is ELM 24 PL 23.

Does anybody have a 68000 binary of a good mailreader that _doesn't_ do this?
I've boggled at it, and even attempted to bushwhack and bamboozle it. All
to no avail. If I had the facilities, I'd just recompile the sources and
be damned with the bug, but I can't.

Dancer