Re: MiNT-net... another stupid question

> For whatever reason, my /etc/hosts file is never
> accessed once I have a default route set up, so 'ping localhost' doesn't work
> for me, but ping 127.0.0.1 does.

Relinking ping and all others apps with the newest socket library should cure
this problem. The socket library since 0.56 contains the resolv+ code, which
allows you to specify in the file /etc/host.conf how a name should be looked
up. I have set it up such that first /etc/hosts is tried and only if this
fails the name server is contacted.

Kay.
--
Kay Roemer              roemer@informatik.uni-frankfurt.de