Re: gcc and mint-libs PL46

Ok, here is what started this.  I compiled the gnuchess.  After the inital
error, fixed by fixstk, it crashed again.  After a bit of debuging I found
the following line was the cause of the Bus Error:

if( (fd = fopen( bookfile, "r" )) == NULL )

with bookfile = NULL.  So it seems at least this one example from GNUchess
wants fopen to return NULL if bookfile == NULL.  I would guess this
works on at least most of the systems it has been compiled on.  I also
think that fopen should return NULL if passed a NULL filename because a
NULL pointer is known not to be a filename and I'd rather have it in one
place in the libs than several checks scattered throughout sources everytime
you want to open a file.

Another question:

In the mint-libs distribution, isn't the code in libgcc.a also in gnu.olb?
If so cann't I just forget about that file and link it with gnu.olb?

Thanks again,

George