RAID 0 minixfs?

Now, say I've got two disks that are exactly the same size (which, I
do).  Has anyone hacked on MiNT's minixfs to implement RAID 0
("striping") over two or more disks?

I think this would be pretty neat, even if our halt-the-system I/O got
in the way a little.

How would you do it?  I think a lot of RAID systems use 8 or more disks
and split the bits apart(!), though they tend to do this in hardware.  I
was thinking whole bytes, or maybe even longwords...

Would this actually speed things up at all?  Or would the halting I/O
stall things too much?

--
Chris Herborth, R&D Technical Writer       Arcane  Dragon     chrish@qnx.com