Re: MintNet + dynamic IP.

Write mail to mint-request@atari.archive.umich.edu.

> 2) How can i get (free)mint + mintnet + dip to work with dynamic IP ? I
> tried to set $rmtip, $remote and $locip after logging in manually (with
> 'term') and 'route add default <remote ip>' after seting DIP 'mode SLIP'.
> The only thing that happend was my keyboard was not passing through
> everything i typed, somehow... I tried 'slattach -p cslip -r <remoteip> -l
> <locip>' but nada. I used ttya as my modemport, which is renamed in
> /c/mint/mint.cnf.

Using SLIP with dynamic IP is a bad hack. Use PPP if you can.

> 3) What files are automaticly started up by TCSH 6.03 ? With 6.00.2 it
> was /etc/csh.cshrc or /etc/csh.rc, and I put loads of stuff in it. With
> the newer version i cannot find the right file. I've tried .cshrc, .rc,
> rc, rc.local, tcsh.rc .tcshrc, ~/.rcshrc, ~/.login, nothing works...

No idea what your version of tcsh reads, but the latest ported version
of tcsh (6.05) reads /etc/csh.cshrc, /etc/csh.login. ~/.tcshrc (or
~/.cshrc if ~/.tcshrc does not exist) and then ~/.login.

Bye,
Knarf
--
    Frank Bartels    |    UUCP/ZModem/Fax: + 49 89 5469593     | MiNT is
knarf@nasim.cube.net | Login: nuucp Index: /pub/ls-lR.nasim.gz | Now TOS!