Re: Availability of various calls

Martin Koehling wrote:

>MiNT implements Dopendir/Dreaddir for all drives, but MetaDOS
>doesn't - apparently there are MetaDOS drivers out there that
>implement these functions only for CD-ROMs (in order to provide
>access to CD-ROMs using long filenames)...
>
>The best (and safest) way to handle this appears to be to *always*
>call Dopendir() first, and only to use Fsfirst() if Dopendir()
>failed with EINVF (-32L)...

OK, I'll need to have a flag for each available drive, in that case. With
some fudging for accesses to U:\...

>I think it's safer not to depend on this - a future version of
>MagiC (the operating system) might implement only a subset of MiNT's
>signal handling facilities; I'd better always check for EINVF...

Yes, I suspected this could happen. But I can't decide if implementing
Psigaction makes sense without implementing Psigblock, for instance.

Do I take it then that the current release of MagiC!3 doesn't support
signals? It hasn't been released in England yet :-(

Chris