Re: Termcap functions in MintLibs?

Simon Kagedal (simon@sdf.luth.se) wrote:

> > Someone decided to rewrite the termcap/curses library, because its old
> > and buggy, but he was never seen again...
>
> Well, there is a library called "ncurses" which is like SystemV - curses,
> and it's currently being developed. The current version is 1.9.4, i think,
> and I think I've seen a version ported to Atari, too.

Sure, but it uses this braindead terminfo database and we don't want
this. FreeBSD adapted an older version of ncurses to use termcap
instead of terminfo. This should be currently the best base for a new
library for MiNT.

Bye,
Knarf
--
    Frank Bartels    |    UUCP/ZModem/Fax: + 49 89 5469593     | MiNT is
knarf@nasim.cube.net | Login: nuucp Index: /pub/ls-lR.nasim.gz | Now TOS!