Re: [Bug] Killing processes under new forking mechanism

str@gondolin.nasim.cube.net (Steffen Ries) writes:

|> Frank Bartels <knarf@nasim.cube.net> wrote:
|>> BTW: I did not see any comments to the no-more-blocking-fork-patch.
|>> Does it work for you? I still had no time to try it...

|> It works for me, with one problem:

|> It seems to break `vfork' in certain circumstances (vixie-cron fork'ed
|> children which crashed constantly, gdb had problems executing
|> single-steps. Both probs disappeared after replacing vfork by fork.)

For me, it works very well, after correcting the bug that trashed the
memory protection (i'm running it on a TT).  I hadn't seen any
problems with vfork yet.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de              completely different"