Re: syslogd and redirection of the debug output

> However all this is true only for alerts from MiNT. The debug and
> trace output from MiNT are always written to the console (which might
> have been redirected in MINT.CNF to some other BIOS device).

 I've once written a very basic XDD to catch this kind of output and present
it as readable data in a device. It mainly makes the xconout pointers point
to a private routine and buffer all data in a circular buffer without taking
great care about buffer overflows. It was part of my window manager (which
currently seems to be an either sleeping or dying project). You can still get
it at ftp://ftp.phil.uni-sb.de/pub/atari/mint/window-systems/W1R1/w1r1.tar.gz
if you like. Or I can try to extract the driver and post the code here if you
like.

 Note that this is a very experimental and can seriously crash your machine
if bad things happen. I've also heard about other programs doing the same job,
perhaps they're saver? But I don't know any other URL.

ciao,
TeSche