Re: MiNA

On Mon, 23 Oct 1995, Simon Kagedal wrote:

> I'd really like some kind of replacement AES... (though I read that the
> new version of Geneva works together with MiNT... has anyone tried this
> with luck?)

I tried the new Geneva with MiNT a few days ago. It works, but I was
disappointed to see that Geneva eats up an awful lot of CPU. On the
surface, it looks like a "busy idling" type of problem. Gembench CPU
benchmarks under Geneva are slower than under AES 4.1; what's worse, the
FPU benchmark under Geneva+MiNT caused my TT to freeze up solid. The FPU
problem did not happen under AES 4.x or under Geneva alone.  There were a
few other, smaller problems, some of which may be just a matter of set-up
fine-tuning.  After my initial disappointment, I don't think I'll bother
using Geneva with MiNT.  I might use it as a stand-alone program.  It's
still a pretty good AES replacement in several respects, but the support
given to MiNT, IMO, seems half-hearted.

Yves
"Une fois arrivé à ce point, arrête-toi et ne te préocuppe plus de rien.
La raison n'a plus de pouvoir ici. Quand elle arrive à l'océan, elle
s'arrête, et même le fait de s'arrêter n'existe plus pour elle." --RÛMI