Re: Bug in Free-MiNT 1.12.5 (?)

Axel Kaiser wrote:

> there seems to be a severe bug in the new Free-MiNT release 1.12.5 .
> It compiles without any problems and I used it some days without any
> problems. But then I started the man program of the KGM-Distribution
> and found the following behavior:
> - viewing a already compiled man page works without problems
> - viewing a page that must be compiled results in a heavy crash
>   you have to push the reset button to re-animate the computer.
>
> Replacing MiNT with the old Free-MiNT 1.12.4 removes the problem.

1.12.5 has changed very little relative to 1.12.4.  Just a wild guess:
Perhaps MiNT doesn't find some important AUTO folder program (or uses
the wrong selection of AUTO folder programs) because you're using "cd"
in your mint.cnf?  (Beginning with 1.12.5, MiNT will only look for
AUTO folder programs on the boot drive.)  I seem to recall that MiNT
will not run on a PAK except when HSMODEM is also used.

Besides, this is a somewhat poor bug report. ;-)

What options have you compiled MiNT with?  -DMULTITOS?  If you have
compiled in DEBUG_INFO, you could try generating a log of what's
happening (press Ctrl-Alt-F1 two or three times).

Michael
--
Email: hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de
WWW:   http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~mh1/