What's the best Atari portable system?

It's looking likely that I'm going to be spending next year abroad
(assuming I keep my grades up) either in the US, Sweden or Singapore.
Basically I will still want to use my beloved Atari (GEM) software,
so I'm looking for a portable system. I've basically split it down
into three options, with pros and cons for each, and would be
grateful of any comments people could provide - especially if they
actually use any of these systems!

1)  STacey

Pros    Very compatible
        Would let me carry on playing about with MiNT

Cons    Hard to obtain (that's why I'm asking for opinions with 9
            months before I'd actually go!)
        High power/price ratio
        Would need upgrading (bigger HDD, more memory(?), faster
            processor
        _That_ battery problem

2)  (Secondhand) Portable Mac + MagiCMac

Pros    I've heard very good things about MagiCMac
        Powerful
        Fairly compatible (I'm using mostly newer GEM stuff)
        SCSI built in (I have a Zip drive)

Cons    Relatively expensive
        Non-standard printer connections
        Who stole that other mouse button?

3)  Notebook PC + Linux + X + STonX

Pros    Cheapest option (after upgrades to STacey considered)
        Quite powerful
        Easy to obtain
        Standard printer port
        I get to play about with Linux

Cons    Unlikely to have SCSI built in
        Slower than MagicMac(?)
        I don't know how compatible STonX is
        Price might go up depending on how much RAM I'd need

So if anyone can help in any way with my decision, please let me
know. I'd also like to know exactly what MacMiNT would/would not
enable me to do and run, since I know relatively little about it.

Sorry for wasting bandwidth for those people not interested in my
travels ;-)

Cheers,

Xav