Re: Python 1.3 ported!

What you wrote:
> I can almost always get on, using a small trick. Since I use gopher to
> access the archive for downloads, I only ever do it to upload stuff.

I use WWW to download from atari.archive, but I have no idea how to get
on to upload stuff.

> Chris, your HTTP server is running, but it is supplying the files with a
> 'text/plain' content type. This is a bloody nuisance ;). Try taking the
> gz extension off the files, and just calling them .tar  (most httpd
> servers don't understand the .gz or .tgz suffix out of the box, and must
> have their configs edited for it). Bizarrely enough though, the files
> _seem_ to arrive intact, despite all this. Well, the docs did, anyway.
> Just waiting on the binaries now. All will go to a.a.u.e. as soon as I've
> got it and verified that it unpacks okay.

If you're using Lynx (which is the only thing I know of that thinks .gz
is a text/plain file), try pressing "D" on the link; it'll download it
in binary mode...  I've done this several times with files that Lynx
messed up grabbing the other way.

--
Chris Herborth, R&D Technical Writer       Arcane  Dragon     chrish@qnx.com