Re: AES replacements

According to Simon Kagedal:

Hi,

>> What is the current status of MiNA? Last thing I heard, it was on=20
>> hold following a dead computer!
>
>Got this text on gem-list:
>
>[quoted stuff...]

[...]

>>I've heard about something like this called 'MiNA'.... does anyone know
>>anything about this?
>
>Martin Osieka (author of WINX and MiNA) had trouble with his Atari so he
>couldn't develop it further. A week or two weeks ago he mentioned that he i=
>going to try to repair it again. However, many people offered to lend one o=

I got a mail from Martin yesterday, saying that this project isn't stopped
yet, but it's not worth waiting for it in the near future. He doesn't give
guarantee on the going on.

>On the other hand there's even a new project to write an AES 4.1 substitute
>called Sigma. Jens Hiescher from Berlin, Germany is the author and here's w=
[...]
>This sounds quite promising to me.
>
>There will be more information in the near future since he's still heavily
>working on Sigma. Jens expects to release a first version to the public by =
>the
>end of October/beginning of November /this/ year. He also wrote that he's

[...]

>> Has anyone used N.AES, and if so can they mail me - I'd like some=20
>> more details.
>
>N.AES? Haven't heard of... It seems to be lots of projects going on to=20
>replace the AES. I put my trust in XaAES or oAE=D3=E9=F3=AC=A0=E9=E6 only t=
>hey could be=20
>released (in a runable version)!

N.AES is Sigma! It's not Shareware but commercial now and distributed by
Overscan, Berlin, FRG. It costs 79 DM until Christmas, 99 DM later, cheaper
for owners of the original MultiTOS.

Ciao, Stefan

| Stefan Haake         | email   : atinfo1@info1.rus.uni-stuttgart.de |
| Osterbronnstrasse 37 | FidoNet : Stefan Haake on 2:2471/6003        |
| D-70565 Stuttgart    | Phone   : +49-711-748175                     |
| Germany              | Fax/BBS : +49-711-748106                     |