LIST!

HELP

I've tried sending mail to the mint-request address, and I don't
seem to be subscribed to the list.  How should I go about getting
this resolved (or maybe no one wants to talk to me <grin> ).

Anyway, I've been having a hell of a time trying to get Perl5 to
port to MiNT.  The configure script wants sed 2.05 or better, so
I tried to make it.  Well, the configure for it doesn't seem to
like any of my shells (except zsh, which half-way works - it
never seems to execute the built C programs so all the tests fail!),
and it wants tr - where can I get a half-way decent tr for MiNT?
Also, I run out of memory compiling sed - but that I can live with,
err, well, I can't, but there isn't too much I can do about THAT one.
The other problems are fixable.

Also, my bash stil gives me weird errors, like ": Command Not Found".
whenever I run a script - it does it for EVERY line of the script.
I don't have UNIXMODE set to anything - should I set it?  Every time
I try setting UNIXMODE, GCC stops working.  Help!?!?

Also, since I'm on a roll, anyone got a good terminfo lib that does
color?  I want to compile Curses into perl (since there is no hope
of using the new Perl DynaLoader).  Also, anyone got a terminfo lib
database for stv52.  It would be nice - I usually load screen
(which uses the curses entry for stv52) followed by changing TERM
to vt100 (since I have no terminfo for screen or stv52) so I can
use lynx with the all the features :-(  Speaking of which, I need
to compile the new version as soon as I get the above problems working.
I don't see why every configure program out there should fail when
the MiNTLIB has most of the calls in BSD, SYSV, and POSIX - it
should go through real easy (although slowly).

Thanks,
Evan Langlois
ekl@sdf.lonestar.org

PS:  If for some reason mail won't go to ekl@sdf.lonestar.org then